Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Dear Friends,
At the beginning of the year, I asked for prayers to discern where God wanted me next since I can no longer live in Zimbabwe. I spent three months in Cape Town, South Africa and started helping in a township there. I was then able to go visit Abigail, Grace and all the Fairfield children for a month in May. The girls are happy, healthy and enjoying preschool. I came back to the States fully expecting to apply for a work visa in South Africa and return there for full-time mission work.
After attending a week-long program in Colorado in June that is specifically designed for missionaries changing fields, I started to realize that God may have other plans.  I realized that Cape Town is not where I am supposed to go for this next part of the journey.  It is time to come home and support the ministry in Zimbabwe as best I can with your continued help.
I am applying for jobs in the US (which makes my parents very happy!) and am hoping to find one that will allow some time each year to go visit Grace and Abby and to check on the HOPE programs. My mission organization, CornerStone, has been so supportive and agreed to continue to receive donations for the HOPE Project - education, nutrition and medical programs
in Zimbabwe. I have been approved as a part-time missionary so that I can return to Zimbabwe and make sure everything is running smoothly each year.
Please, especially if you are currently sponsoring a HOPE child, continue with your donations so that we do not have to close down these life-changing programs. Everything will continue to function as it was when I was there full-time. There are strict checks and balances in place to ensure that all funding goes exactly where it was intended. Any assistance you can offer toward the goals for HOPE will be greatly appreciated.
I will return to Zimbabwe for another month in August to help make sure all the children have their fees paid before the third school term. Hopefully by the time I come back, I will be able to tell you where I will be living next!
Thank you for your continued support!
Wenyu Munashe,
Janine

Can you tell they have very different personalities?!


No comments:

Post a Comment