Monday, May 3, 2010

Approved!


Well, the title says it all...my work visa has been officially approved! Thanks to the efforts of Peter Mufute and the Fairfield staff, my visa was picked up at the immigration office today. Because I have two board meetings to attend in July, I will return to Zimbabwe on July 27th. I am excited that three friends from South Carolina will be flying to Zimbabwe at the same time and spending three weeks with the children. It will be nice to have someone to travel with this time!
The children all start back to school for the second term tomorrow. I am very grateful that we have 4 new sponsors to assist children with school fees and supplies each month! Thank you for your willingness to support your HOPE child.
I enjoyed meeting with Christ UMC in Wheeling and First UMC in Parkersburg this last month, as well as participating in the COME event to represent Volunteers in Mission. It continues to be a true blessing to be able to spend time with my family and friends.
Thank you for your prayers for the work visa to be accepted!
Hope you all enjoy the May weather-
Janine

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

1 comment: